For premium rangefinding in a multipurpose device, the Vortex Fury HD 10×42 rangefinder binoculars deliver the latest tech and tricks.
When you are hunting, having the best tools and equipment can make all the difference in the enjoyment and success of each hunt. Most hunters have binoculars, a scope, and/or a rangefinder that they can use for spotting and ranging their targets. Rangefinders are quite useful and come in two different styles to ensure that everyone gets what they need.
Some hunters and field archers prefer the monocular rangefinder, which is a single-lens device that almost looks like a small handheld video camera. These are good for spotting and ranging in a variety of hunting conditions and are generally more compact than a pair of binoculars. However, the sizes and features do vary.
With rangefinder binoculars that use laser technology to spot and mark your targets, whether live or practice, everyone can guarantee better shot accuracy. Plus, the binoculars are designed to be used just for sighting, too, giving you two great tools in one. Anyone looking for more dynamic hunting equipment that makes it easier to spot targets from a distance can depend on rangefinder binoculars to deliver.
Finding the best rangefinding binoculars is about exploring the features and making sure that you find a model that suits your hunting needs. If you choose a high-quality, versatile style like the Vortex Fury HD 10×42 binoculars with rangefinding capabilities, you can count on a reliable investment with a feature-rich targeting system from a brand that is known for hunting optics and related products.
Vortex Fury HD 10x42
The Vortex Fury HD 5000 is a premium laser rangefinder with a binocular-style finish that gives you the best of everything you want in a rangefinder for hunting, target shooting, field archery, and other sports and outdoor adventures. It has a robust selection of features and will provide premium image clarity and accurate targeting and ranging for both the best shot and the longest shot, allowing you to target whatever you want, from wherever you are.
- Laser rangefinder delivers impressive accuracy
- Tripod-ready with included threads
- Can also be used on a car window mount
- Lifetime Warranty
- One of the more expensive options available
These rangefinder binoculars are designed for the serious hunter or sportsman, with one of the higher price points in the market. However, you can guarantee that you are getting your money’s worth with this set because it offers so many great features and plenty of advanced optics that will keep you ranging better for longer, giving you a truly multifunctional tool for your gear kit. Beyond their slightly higher price, there’s nothing to criticize about the Vortex Fury HD 10×42 binoculars.
This rangefinder binocular combo features uniquely-arranged right side controls so that one-handed use is easy when you’re out in the field. This means you’ll spend less time setting up the perfect shot and more time enjoying your shooting. Plus, it offers an easy-to-use menu that ensures that you always navigate to the right screens and features. The center focus is easy to adjust and the multi-position eyecups ensure the perfect fit with or without glasses.
The ArmorTek housing is one of the best features of this device, but it also has a lot more to offer. It can range in meters or yards and has some of the best ranging capabilities on the market for devices of its type. The clarity and image quality are what sell these binoculars from Vortex, though.
Vortex Fury HD 10x42: Specs Overview
The Vortex Fury HD offers the following standard specs:
Objective Lens: 42mm
Battery: 1 Lithium-ion battery (included)
Eye Relief: 16mm
Angular FOV: 6.1 degrees
Exit Pupil: 4.2mm
The Vortex Fury HD 10×42 offers impressive standard specifications, giving you a pair of rangefinder binoculars that will deliver plenty of performance for a variety of needs. If you’re considering getting the best quality available, this model should be on your list.
In the package, you’ll find the Vortex Fury HD rangefinder binoculars, along with a neck strap. This package also comes with an additional harness to give you more carrying options and guarantee that you’ll have your hands free when you need them.
Factors to Consider in Your New Rangefinding Binoculars
Now that you’re aware of what all you can find in a pair of rangefinding binoculars, you’ll be much more prepared to shop for your own and narrow down the options to make sure that you get the best tools for the job. Although everyone will have different priorities and things to consider in their purchase, some of the general things that you should be looking for are included below:
- Magnification: If you’re trying to range targets, you are going to need to be able to see a significant distance. Therefore, you should find binoculars that have a high magnification. Of course, you don’t want to overdo it. Typically, for hunting binoculars like this, 10-20x magnification is plenty.
- Lens Coatings: Any high-quality rangefinder is going to have multiple lens coatings for the best image clarity, sharpness, and light allowance while removing glare and other impurities. Make sure that you choose fully multicoated lenses because anything less just isn’t worth the money.
- Field of View: Obviously, wider is better when it comes to this feature. Make sure that you check the objective lens (bigger lets more light in) and ensure that you can get the maximum field of view with the included optics.
- Weather Resistant: There is a lot of inclement weather that you could run into while hunting and shooting. Therefore, it’s essential to ensure that you choose rangefinder binoculars that are waterproof, fog-proof, shock resistant, and otherwise designed to withstand the elements. It’s worth the investment.
- Range: You don’t necessarily want to choose the binoculars with the longest range, because that might not actually be a functional range that you can use. Instead, look at the devices that have the longest usable range or that can range better at farther distances. It’s all about getting the best view, regardless of the distance.
- Accuracy: It doesn’t matter how far and wide a rangefinder takes you if it doesn’t provide accurate readings. Make sure that you look at the accuracy of any binoculars that you consider buying to ensure that you’re getting a rangefinder that gets results.
The optics and range features are the most important elements in your purchase. However, there may also be other things that you want to consider, such as the fact that this model has a center focus wheel that makes adjustments easy. By taking the time to review the different products on the market, it will be easy for you to find the best rangefinding binoculars, whether those are the Vortex Fury HD model or any other pair.
Some people wonder about cost, and you have to think about what you’re spending with your purchase when you invest in something as costly as high-end rangefinder binoculars. However, you shouldn’t focus so much on the exact cost as you do on what you are getting for the money. That way, you can guarantee that you get the best value, which is far more important than getting the lowest price when it comes to something like this.
Frequently Asked Questions about Laser Rangefinding Binoculars
The Final Verdict
Buying a pair of rangefinding binoculars is going to kill two birds with one stone and give you the tools that you need to enjoy your hunts more than ever. You’ll want to choose a set of binoculars that is durable and that includes the accessories that you need to keep it safe on the go, such as a case and strap or even a harness. Although you can buy them separately, it could benefit you to buy them as a package set.
The Vortex Fury HD is probably about the best technology that you can get for the money, so if you’re in the market for a serious pair of rangefinder binoculars, you should consider these. They offer plenty of optics performance features, full HD views, and the option of two targeting modes to give you the most versatility in hunting equipment for a single purchase.