No matter the target, big or small, you can improve your accuracy and likelihood of success on the hunt with a bow sight. Here are the best bow sights you can find in 2020
Bowhunting can be a strenuous and rewarding venture. Whether you are in the hunt for the solitude, the challenge of the hunt itself, or merely the prospect of food in the freezer, having the right gear is paramount. Every piece of clothing and equipment that you carry should rise to the occasion and help to score your next kill. The most important piece of equipment that you will bring with you on the hunt is, of course, your bow. To make sure that you and your bow are prepared in that crucial moment before you let your arrow fly, you will want the help of the best bow sight suited for your bow. Let’s have a look at the top six best bow sights to help narrow your aim on the next bow hunt.
IQ Bowsight Micro 3 or 5 Pin Compound Bow Archery Sight
The IQ Bowsight Micro Compound Bow Archery Sight has made our list our top six list for a few reasons. The first of these is the use of Retina Lock technology. This technology will allow for more confidence when shooting at distances of 40 yards or more. This technology will help to control your muscle memory and allow for more consistent shooting. In the long run, this will mean tighter groupings in your target practice. The Micro Adjust knobs on the IQ Bowsight Micro also set it apart. They are a simple and efficient way to adjust for precise elevation and windage. These do not require a tool to be locked into place, making them easy to use.
The IQ Bowsight Micro also has 3 pins made to be used with the left hand. These are 0.19 fiber optic pins. They are made to stack tightly and make enough room for 2 additional pins. Directly adjacent to the pins is a built-in sight level. This will ensure that you are able to keep your bow and sight level at all times.
This bow sight can be mounted according to your preference and style of shooting with the dual positioning mount. The IQ Bowsight Micro has an additional 2nd axis that is fully adjustable as well. This allows for the integration of the Rheostat Sight Light. The Rheostat Sight Light is sold separately.
The IQ Bowsight Micro is fairly light, weighing 7.4 oz.
The Field Logic IQ Bowsight Micro is considered by many to be the best 3 pin bow sight on the market.
- Retina Lock Technology helps to keep tighter groupings over long distances
- The fiber optic pins are of the best quality and there is enough room to accommodate 3 or 5 pins
- The sight has a built-in level to ensure that the sight and bow remain level
- The Micro Adjust Knobs are fast and easy to use, making precise adjustment for elevation and windage easy to accomplish without additional tools
- The Dual Position Mount accommodates several shooting styles
- Has an adjustable second axis for integrating additional accessories
- Fiber optics need sunlight or additional sight lighting
- Retina Lock is easily ‘knocked’ out of adjustment
Trophy Ridge Fix Series Sight
Next up on the list of best bow sights is the Trophy Ridge Fix Series Sight. This sight can be bought with 3, 5, or 7 pins included. This sight is the best 5 pin bow sight available. It is much like the Trophy Ridge Pursuit; the main difference between the Trophy Ridge Pursuit and the Trophy Ridge Fix Series Pro being the integration of more pins with better visibility. These pins are all micro-adjustable. The Trophy Ridge Fix Series Sight also has adjustable brightness on the rheostat light that can be brightened or dimmed to fit many shooting conditions, making the best of any lighting scenario.
A second-axis adjustment can be used to improve the accuracy when shooting at long distances. To greater improve accuracy, the Trophy Ridge Fix Series sight has a bubble level within the sight that will show even the slightest torque or misplacement.
The 0.19 fiber optic pins are made with exceptional visibility in mind, providing confidence in the aim without any second-guessing. The hood of the sight is illuminated with an accent ring to establish a ‘baseline’ and to keep the sight in view at all times.
- Can be bought with 3, 5, or 7 pins included
- All pins are micro-adjustable with an on-board adjustment tool
- Adjustable brightness on the rheostat light
- Illuminated hood accent ring
- Onboard adjustment tool also adjusts second axis and locking nuts that accommodate for windage and elevation change
- Fiber optic pins are extremely bright and visible
- Sight has built-in level
- Not all states will allow battery-operated sight lights for bow hunting
- Some aluminum parts are easily broken
Burris Optics Oracle Rangefinder Bow Sight
The Burris Optics Oracle Rangefinder Bow Sight has just about all of the features that you could possibly want in a sight for your bow. The first of these features is the laser rangefinder itself. The rangefinder displays the aiming point precisely and at any distance or angle. This can be done with the push of a button and even at full draw.
The Burris Optics Oracle Rangefinder Bow Sight is constructed of aluminum and has no glass. The lack of glass means that this sight cannot be compromised by scratching or fogging.
This sight has a 20-yard pin that is fixed in place and a vertical bar. This ensures that you will always be able to adjust your pin with accuracy and confidence.
One of the coolest aspects of this sight is that it can learn the trajectory of your arrows. It even has memory enough to store two trajectory curves for different draw weights, arrows, or for the changing of hands.
- The rangefinder shows the exact aim point
- Rangefinder can be used at full draw
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction
- No glass is used (no cracking, scratching, fogging, or glares to worry about)
- The default pin array allows for a traditional pin setup
- Can calibrate with extreme accuracy
- Can store trajectory curves for changing situations
- Easy to use
- Quite costly
- Laser adjustment does not have increments
HHA Optimizer Sight
The HHA Optimizer Sight is a simple and accurate. This is among the best bow sights because it is extremely user-friendly and very well constructed. The HHA Optimizer has only one pin, but all of the components of this sight are CNC machined, making it extremely accurate and without discrepancy. Even though this is a single pin sight, it is very accurate and can be adjusted with ease. The HHA Optimizer can be easily adjusted to accommodate windage with the twisting of knobs.
The rheostat on the HHA Optimizer has fully mechanical knob adjustment. This means that the brightness can be changed with the twist of a knob.
The sight has a green sight ring and bubble leveler, while the Armor pin sits in a 1 5/8” sight housing.
- Very easy to use
- Extremely accurate (even though it is quite simple)
- Yardage tape is included
- Mechanical rheostat adjustment
- All parts are CNC machined
- Accurate single pin sight
- Very durable
- User friendly
- Single pin is fixed
Garmin Xero A1 Bow Sight
If you like fully digital and fully integrated equipment, the Garmin Xero A1 Bow Sight is the best sight for you. The Garmin Xero A1 Bow Sight has auto-ranging capabilities that will allow you to automatically measure distance with the press of a button. When the button is depressed, an LED will mark as a pin for the shot. This button is silent and can be depressed even though you may be at full draw.
The Garmin Xero can also be customized as a single pin or multiple pin sight. The whole concept behind this bow sight is that you should be able to use it as any other sight, but without having all of the parts and pieces to complicate or obstruct your view.
A bubble level is positioned at the bottom of the sight to ensure the best, level aim.
The battery life of the Garmin Xero is also worth mentioning, as it can last for up to an entire year on a single set of batteries.
- Can be used as a single pin or multiple pin sight
- Fully digital
- Laser range finder
- Pins are represented by LED lights
- Settings can be customized and ‘fixed’ for repeated use at your favorite yardages
- Does everything that any other sight would do
- No visual obstructions or bulky parts
- Extremely user-friendly
- Not legal to use in all jurisdictions
- Very expensive compared to other sights
AR 19 Series GWS Pro Hunter Bow Sight
If you are looking for a simple, effective, bow sight at an economical cost; the AR 19 Series Pro Hunter Bow Sight will not disappoint, and is one of the best bow sights for the money. This is a single pin sight that is machined using aircraft-grade aluminum for excellent durability. The bushings and micro-adjustment components used to adjust for range and windage are Teflon filled for ease of adjustment and durability. The entire sight is lightweight and very easy to use.
As is standard in most bow sights, the AR 19 Series sight does have a bubble level in the viewer to maintain a level aim.
- Easy to use and mount
- Adjustments are made effortlessly
- Simple single pin design
- Very durable and resistant to adverse conditions
- Cannot be used as a multiple pin sight
- Adjustments are occasionally hard to maintain (must be re-adjusted more often than other sights)
Frequently Asked Questions About Bow Sights
Hopefully, you have found this list of the top 6 best bow sights to be helpful in deciding the best bow sight for you. There are so many options out there, and although the basic function remains the same, each product has its own unique features. Whether you decide that digital is the way to go, or that mechanical will better fit your needs, or whether you prefer a single-pin or multiple-pin compound bow-sight, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident on the hunt. Confidence is key when you are looking to bag your next trophy buck or to fill your freezer with meat for the year. Knowing that you will be able to accurately aim and maintain good form can be the difference in confidence that you need to rise to success. Bowhunting can be rewarding and a good sight can make the difference. Make sure to keep confidence in mind while choosing your next bow sight. Happy aiming!