When you need clear, sharp views for hunting or birdwatching, the Leica Apo Televid 82mm Spotting Scope offers everything you could want and more.
If you’ve never heard of the Leica brand before, you are missing out on greatness. This brand is well-known for offering excellent spotting scopes that can be used for bird watching, hunting game, surveillance, viewing wildlife, and much more. Our Leica Apo Televid 82 review will offer all the information you need about this instrument to make an informed purchasing decision.
The Apo Televid 82mm is a great example of how powerful and versatile a spotting scope can be while packing in all the features to make it a must-have for its customer base.
Whether you are new to using spotting scopes or consider yourself an expert, this hunting tool is a versatile option to take out into the field with you. It has a massive number of features that make it stand up to the other best scopes on the market today. We’ll go over everything from its specifications to how well it stands up to other scopes throughout this article.
Top Features of the Leica Apo Televid 82mm
While the Leica Apo Televid 82mm is available in both a straight and angled version, this review of the product will focus on the latter. This is a solid piece of equipment that offers a lot of bang for the buck and can compete with other top-of-the-line options with ease. Some of the features and specifications that you might want to be aware of include:
- Front Lens Diameter: 82 mm
- Close Focusing Distance: About 12.8 feet
- Lens Focal Length: Approximately 440mm
- Number of lenses: Four, which are all multi-coated
- Angled Viewing: 45 degrees using a Schmidt Prism System
- Waterproofness: Watertight up to 17 feet
- Housing: Nitrogen-filled, die-cast magnesium
- Tripod Base: ¼ inch rotating with a locking screw
- Eyepiece Connection: Rapid-change bayonet
- Lens Hood: Sliding hood with a sighting aid
- Filter Thread: E 82
- Weight: Around 47.7 ounces
- Dimensions: 12 13/16 x 4 ¼ x 4 inches
Now that we have all the technical information out of the way, we want to look at all the features you will find available when using the Leica Apo Televid 82mm. We’ll also share the advantages and disadvantages of this particular spotting scope, so you know you’re getting all the information you want from this Leica Apo Televid 82 review, not just the positive notes, leaving you to find the negatives on your own.
Extra Information About the Spotting Scope
In the simplest terms, the Leica Apo Televid Spotting Scope is similar to other spotting scopes in that it’s essentially a small telescope with certain modifications to make it lightweight and portable. It’s smaller in size and offers an upright image with a lower magnification level than a telescope would offer.
The small size of this spotting scope makes it ideal for use on a photo tripod instead of needing special equipment that a telescope would. It also stands to reason that this is far more portable than any telescope and can be used in many ways that a telescope could not be.
- Created out of high-quality materials that are designed to last and look great for long periods
- Offers some of the brightest, clearest, and most natural colors of any spotting scope
- Comes in a compact design that is easy to carry around even when in the field for hours
- Includes a dual focus control mechanism that makes it simple to focus clearly on objects
- Made with 100% pure fluoride glass that is coated with AquaDura for extra longevity
- Features a price that might be hard to handle for anyone who is on a strict budget for scopes
- Slightly heavier than other models in the same price bracket due to the choice of materials
As you can see, the Leica Apo Televid 82mm is a solid spotting scope that has many uses, from bird watching to hunting, photography, and viewing landscapes. This Televid model improves on past versions to offer some of the most amazing images you will likely ever see using a spotting scope. It promises a clear image quality even in poor light conditions thanks to the extra six percent light yield.
Our Leica Apo Televid 82 review should give you all the information you need to determine whether this spotting scope is right for your needs. It has a lot going for it and very few cons other than the price. However, the level of innovation and the extra features included on the scope justify the price for those who really want to have access to the best equipment possible.